Slot machines manufactured by different providers were unique in design, however their basic rules were almost identical. It had been that way before the development of Megaways video slots was started, which led in its turn to a big effect in the world of gambling.
The first slot with the Megaways system was released by Big Time Gaming in 2016 (this refers to Bonanza slot machine). He became so popular among the players that the company started using this system in their further developments.
The main feature of Megaways video slots is the change in the size of the wheels with each spin. This means the absence of payment lines and fixed cells. There had been some slots provided both by Microgaming and some other providers available with 243 payment lines before Megaways video slots were released. The number of possible winning options increased thenceforth to 1024, 4096 and more. For example, the Laser Fruit slot, which was released in 2018 by Red Tiger offers 60,466,176 wins! But the most popular slots today are the ones, which have up to 117,649 potential winning combinations.
All Megaways slots work according to the same principle. The generator of random numbers determines how many characters should appear on each wheel, while spinning. Winning combinations are made up of the same symbols that appear on adjacent wheels. The more characters are available in the combination, the greater is the payout. At the same time, the maximum winning amount can reach x50000 of the bet or even more, and each and every slot offers a pretty decent percentage of return and high volatility.
Models with the Megaways system can offer various additional functions implemented by the developers (free spins, special characters, risk double games, multipliers, a cascading symbol drop system, bonus rounds and others). And some games allow you to hit the progressive or fixed jackpot.
Providers with Megaways video slots
Big Time Gaming was recognized as a pioneer in the production of Megaways slots, but other providers could use this technology heretofore, for instance:
- Blueprint Gaming;
- Nextgen Gaming;
- Pragmatic Play;
- Push Gaming;
- Red Tiger Gaming;
- Relax Gaming;
- Yggdrasil Gaming and some others.
I should say that the providers like Netent, Microgaming and Playtech develop slot machines with numerous payment lines too, still they can not be called true Megaways machines.
List of Megaways video slots
- Bonanza (BTG) is the slot, the history of Megaways has started with. The game offers 117649 ways to win, free and repeated spins, various bonuses, maximum winnings x50000 and a good RTP interest (96%).
- Extra Chilli (BTG) is a game with an excellent set of functions and a very interesting design. It offers the maximum number of winning methods for the Megaways system and a return interest of 96.82%.
- Buffalo Rising (Blueprint Gaming) is a device with a 96.5% return interest, average volatility, free spins and multipliers.
- Black Gold Megaways (Stakelogic) is a slot with 324 – 117649 winning options, average volatility, random multipliers, free spins and other interesting features.
- Dragon’s Luck Megaways (Red Tiger) is a device that offers winning options up to x10368 from the amount of bet, a good percentage of return (95.69%) and a nice design.
- Vikings Unleashed Megaways (Blueprint) is an excellent Scandinavian-themed slot with RTP5%, maximum winnings of up to 250,000 euros, an unlimited multiplier and a cascading symbol drop system.
- Temple Stacks (Yggdrasil Gaming) is a game with a return coefficient of 96.1%, a maximum payout of x25000, a nice design and a good variety of bonus features.
- Medusa Megaways (NextGen Gaming) is a slot machine with many functions, with a maximum payout of x50000 and RTP up to 97.63%.
- White Rabbit (BTG) is another interesting product from the developers of the Megaways system, which has a high return interest (97.44%) and an unusual system for activating additional winning paths.
- Magic Merlin Megaways (Storm Gaming) is a slot with RTP36%, free spins with an unlimited multiplier and average volatility.